The Squirrel that Dreamt of Madness

The Squirrel that Dreamt of Madness - Craig  Stone It is funny. It is clever. It is witty. It is deep. It is sad sometimes. It is a lot of things that make you fall head first into this story, making you read and read and read, not knowing when you are going to put the book down. The story of Colossus Sosloss, who got tired of living an empty life and tried to escape from the solitude he was feeling, despite being surrounded by lots of people. Colossus leaves everything and becomes part of the anonymous crowd of homeless people who live in parks. This is a clever story of how he tried to survive in Gladstone Park, even when facing some unexpected and nasty events.
In a very witty, clever, and funny tone, Craig Stone makes the reader think about the world and everyday life of those homeless people who live around us, and who we seem to ignore or who we simply don't even see. At the same time, through Colossus's story we are told an important lesson about appearances and the opinion that people can have of others depending on their situation or looks.
Very rich in metaphors, it may seem to be a difficult book to read. On the contrary, the metaphors are easily recognizable, and we all can understand what it is being said there. This story contains other stories within, that help to understand the overall context of the book.
If you enjoy satirical, funny, very clever stories, this is the book for you. I have given to it 5 stars, but only because I cannot give it 10. One of the best books I have read this year so far.