Life Knocks

Life Knocks - Craig  Stone I started reading this book with very high expectations, and it didn't disappoint me. The only "negative" thing about this book, and that's why I cannot give it 5 stars, is that it contains typos, misspellings, and even missing words. The positive things clearly outnumber the negative things, so I strongly recommend this book.

What makes this book even more interesting is the fact that the story is the real story of the author. It is one of the most honest books telling a real story that I have ever read. Ever. The story is very clever, told alternatively at different moments in the life of Colossus. In that way, we can see the process of falling in love, moving to Hawaii, falling out of love, almost becoming an alcoholic, a strange friendship with his crazy landlord, till finally getting a job and then deciding to leave it to go to live in a park (but that's another book, The Squirrel Who Dreamt of Madness; a brilliant book that you should read too).

It is a very enjoyable story of depression, love, and reflections about life. The story of how life knocks at certain point in our lives, and we just have to react to its knocking, and act accordingly. When life knocks, there is nothing else we can do. It has an ironic touch all over the book that makes it funny at times, even if the events that are being recalled are kind of dramatic. And the tone is a positive one, after all. Life can be hard, but there is always a silver lining. Craig Stone is a master of metaphors and images that are very easy to understand, since he uses very recognizable references.

A book that everybody who have felt a bit lost in life should read. Life is a rollercoaster, but we are not all the time at the bottom. Read this book.